HP Sprocket Photobooth – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This document is for the HP Sprocket.
Why is my printout blank?
The HP Sprocket Panorama ZINK paper roll might be loaded incorrectly.
- Press on the groove in the door and slide in the direction of the arrow to open the paper slot.
2. Remove the paper from the device.
3.Reload the ZINK paper stack into the door pocket, ensuring the barcode on the blue calibration sheet is facing left while the glossy side faces right.
Note: Insert either 1 full pack (10 sheets + corresponding blue calibration sheet) or 2 full packs (20 sheets + 2 corresponding blue calibration sheets) at a time.
4. Close the printer door.
5.Turn the device back on and try again.
How do I reset my device?
If the Photobooth does not print when you take a photo or does not turn off when you press the power button, perform a hardware reset to clear the device of any errors.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and wait a few seconds.
- Plug the device back in and power on.
Perform a factory reset to reset your HP Sprocket Photobooth to the default settings if you want to gift it to someone else. To perform a factory reset, click on “Settings,” “System,” “About,” then hit “Factory Reset.”
Why do I need to load the cleaning sheets?
The blue calibration sheets are created by Zink to clean the paper path rollers of the device and provide the best print quality. The sheet has two main functions:
- Calibrates the printer in order to provide the best print quality for your specific HP Sprocket Photo Paper.
- Cleans the paper path rollers to get rid of any dust or debris during calibration, or when you need to improve printing quality.
Be sure to load each pack of paper with its included cleaning sheet to ensure the best print quality.
How do I update my device?
The device will automatically perform software and firmware updates when connected to the app via Wi-Fi®. For more information about connecting to the app, visit How to Use the Photobooth Notification App.
How do I improve print quality?
If the quality of your printed photo is not as expected, try the following:
- Run a Calibration Sheet Run a blue calibration sheet through the printer.
- Check the Photo Paper Open the printer door and remove your HP Sprocket Zink Photo Paper. Carefully wipe any dirty papers with a microfiber cloth and remove papers that are wrinkled, bent, or torn.
- Make Sure the Device is Updated Updates automatically occur when your device is connected to Wi-Fi. Check your connection and make sure the software is up to date.
- Cool the Photobooth Down Allow your device to cool down between prints.
- Lighting Make sure there is sufficient lighting when taking photos.
For more information, go to Improving Print Quality.
What is the warranty for my device?
The Photobooth has a one-year limited hardware warranty from the date of purchase.
Note: HP cannot provide warranty services for any device that is damaged due to customer misuse, such as dropping the device or water damage.
What paper sizes are compatible with my Photobooth?
The HP Sprocket Photobooth uses 3.25 x 4.25” HP Sprocket Photobooth Zink paper 20, 50, and 100 packs.
Where can I find the serial number of my device?
You can find the printer serial number on the sticker located on the bottom of the printer.
- Select “Settings” from the main menu and go to “System”.
- Click “About.”
- Select “Serial Number.”
How do I clear a paper jam?
- If a paper jam occurs, wait a moment to see if the printer clears the jam automatically.
- If so, you can continue to use the device as normal.
If not, and it remains in error mode, open the paper door and pull out
the paper from the printer engine. Afterward, make sure there are
- If not, then you can continue to use the device as normal.
- If yes, clear it with a Q tip or any other thing that fits into it.
- It’s best to perform a hardware reset after a paper jam.